- Action Points – Action points can be used by characters as per the Rules from Unearthed Arcana. Additionally, action points may be used to take another action in a round, be it a swift, move, or standard action.
- d20 Rolls – Rolling a natural 20 or natural 1 does not result in automatic success or failure, but rather a +10 bonus on a 20, or a -10 penalty on a 1.
- Dodge – The Dodge feat grants a +1 (dodge) bonus to armor class at all times. Players must still declare dodge against a particular opponent in order to gain any other potential benefit of the Dodge feat.
- Flight – see 4e flight rules
- Tieflings – Using alternate tiefling rules by Bjørn Arnesen , with the exception that tieflings are not susceptible to summoning spells (and some other minor rule futzing).